Monday, June 20, 2016

Wednesday, June 15: more school

Wednesday, June 15th
Samantha Biermann

Today, we had school, so once it began, I went to German class with Emma. However, I did not understand anything that was said in that class and the students had work to do, so I read the The Fault in Our Stars for a good portion of the class. After German, Emma had physics, but I had home room with Frau and the Americans (thank goodness because I hate physics). Home room is really nice because you actually get to hear English again and be with the other Americans. Also, we all got to eat our lunches even though it was only 9 in the morning! After home room, I went to music class with Emma. At the beginning of class, the students had to take a test, but afterwards, the only word to describe their music class was, “chaotic”!! The students all began yelling, fighting, and banging on instruments. After a while of hearing that mess, the 2nd period of music began, so about 20 more students ran into the class, being loud and crazy as well. Shortly after arriving, the teacher assigned instruments to multiple students (guitar, piano, etc) and the rest had to sing. I do not remember the name of the song, but it was in English. Jacob got to play the trumpet which was really cool and Sydney kept dabbing during class, which caused other German students to begin dabbing as well. I guess you could say we are better at communicating with the German students by dabbing, rather than speaking with them in auf Deutsch (in German)… Although eventually, the fun had to end and the school day was over. Emma, her brother Emil, and I took the train home and ate the potatoes and wurst that Emma’s mom made for lunch, which tasted really good! After lunch, we ate Oreo ice cream sandwiches and went up to Emma's room. Emma and I played uno and a German board game (I don't know the name), which was fun! Then, two of Emma's friends came over and we played another card game, but I honestly still even don't understand how to play it. After Emma’s friends left, we ate the leftover wurst and yogurt for dinner. Lastly, we got ready for bed and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment