Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday, June 24th: Last day of school

June 24th
Samantha

Today when we got to school, we stayed with the Americans and practiced our dance for the talent show on Sunday! Our dance consists of a bunch of songs such as “the Cupid shuffle”, “cha cha slide”, “watch me”, “hit the quan”, “ymca”, etc. all mashed together. Our dancing has definitely improved, but it's still really funny to watch! (Grant’s stanky leg is on point). After practicing a few times, we all ate our lunches even though it was only 8:30 in the morning. Then, since we still had a lot of time left, a group of us walked down the hill to rewe to get candy and flowers for our host families to thank them. However, we had a bit of an issue with keeping the flowers in water until we got home. For the rest of the day, we all carried around bouquets in water bottles or in my case, a coffee cup (I spilled water everywhere I went and yes, everyone looked at us weird). Anyways, after getting our flowers, we walked back up to the school and went to 3rd period with our partners. Unfortunately, my partner had German class which I do not understand at all, so I read for most of the class. After German, I had religion with Sydney, Taylor, and Jacob. We also didn't understand that class, so we drew pictures and wrote strange stories. After school, I took the bus to Emma’s friend Lavinia’s house because she had her confirmation tonight. When we got to Lavinia's, her grandma made us this really good soup and then we ate Popsicles. Then, Lavinia had to get her hair cut, so I awkwardly sat in Lavinia's room while Emma took a shower and everyone else was gone. When Lavinia got back, Emma did her hair and Lavinia did her makeup for her confirmation. Once Lavinia was ready, she was wearing a really pretty pink dress (looked like a homecoming dress) and her makeup and hair was all done really beautifully. Then, we went to the church and I sat with Taylor for two hours not knowing what was happening or what anyone was saying. Although, Taylor and I did end up entertaining ourselves. During the confirmation, Taylor decided that she was a palm reader and began reading people's palms and telling them they have good things ahead of them and that they must've had a rough past. Also, I can't leave this out (sorry Taylor)... At the beginning of the confirmation when the bishop walked down the aisle, Taylor leaned over and said, “is that the pope?!” What a gal. After the confirmation, we walked outside and these sirens started going off and no one knew what they meant. According to Emma’s friend Benni, if these sirens were 7 seconds long, it meant there was nuclear war or something?¿ Luckily, they lasted longer than 7 seconds, no nuclear war!!!! Next, I went to a really fancy restaurant with Lavinia, Emma, and Lavinia's family. Lavinia’s godfather is from America so he was able to translate the menu for me and it was really nice to be able to speak English even more. I ended up getting this really good pasta with shrimp, sugar snap peas, some type of sweet curry sauce, etc. (I'll share a pic). We stayed at the restaurant for about 3 hours and then Emma's dad showed up and we went home. It was a fun day and I'm actually sad that we are done with school :(



No comments:

Post a Comment