Thursday, June 2, 2016

1 day to takeoff!

Well, it's happened. School is done, grades are done, Frau still hasn't started packing yet.  Between chasing students for final retakes, turn-ins and exams, a slight mishap this morning with a curb and a car tire and general end-of-the-school-year chaos, I haven't even begun to think about my luggage.

I think half of my GAPPies came in this morning before school to say "Frau, 1 day!" or "Frau, I am so excited" or "Frau, I am so nervous".  It was nice to see them so jazzed and I am beginning to be excited myself.  I even remembered to double check my emails for changes to our tour, print some last minute things and to check out the school credit card.  Yay, me!

Today after I get home, I will do my laundry, gather my things and pack.  MY European adapter for my phone and iPad has done a bunk and I am about to call "ole-ole-oxenfree" to see if it pops up of its own accord.  I KNEW I should have put it in my computer bag, where it always lives BEFORE I packed my bookcases to move a month and a half ago.  But I figured I would remember where I put it.  Not so much.  I was positive it was in one of two places and no such thing.  SIGH.  But never mind, I know 21 other people who have an adapter I can borrow for a few hours to charge my phone or iPad, if necessary.

Reisefieber (travel fever) will kick in full-speed later today.  I can feel it.  Ready or not, I am getting on a bus with 21 others at noon tomorrow for a new adventure.  21 new perspectives on a place I call "home" in my heart, even if my family isn't originally from Bayern or Saarland (if you're wondering, my parents are from Niedersachsen in the northwest, from as far as you can go without falling into the North Sea).  We will share our photos and thoughts and quirky anecdotes as we go.

I can't wait!

Bis Bald!

Frau S.




No comments:

Post a Comment