Saturday, June 4, 2016

München!

Well, after 27 hours of traveling, the fastest security line ever in Chicago (20 mins from check-in to the gate, I kid you not!) our merry band of travellers arrived at DJH: München Park at 17:30 CEZ today. There was a two hour delay in departing and a medical emergency during the flight (not any of us but right next to us) but in all the flight was uneventful, just the way I like them.  Customs and passport control was also super quick, after I explained to the Zollbeamter we were all together as a group so he had me pull everyone off to the side and we were done ruck-zuck and down to the baggage carousels.

We made a trip to the atm to get Euros for those who didn't have any, Melissa, bless her soul,  bought me a hot tea so my voice would make it through the afternoon/evening (yup, still sick, BOO!) and we rode the S8 into town, which took about 45 minutes. We then switched to the U3 Subway at Marienplatz, which is a bright orange tunnel and headed to our home away from home at Thalkirchen for the next 6 days.  We had an hour to freshen up and then eat dinner and I took everyone for my customary lap around the Olympic Park to get our blood flowing to our extremities again, after sitting for so long.  Unfortunately, we emerged into a bit of a thunderstorm, so we cut it short.

I don't want to say much more, for fear of stealing my guest bloggers' thunder, so tomorrow, Sunday, my student bloggers will catch you up on their perspectives on the trip so far.  Fingers crossed that the 80% chance of t-storms doesn't actually happen, or there will be a change of plans on the intinerary.  Stay tuned!

Bis bald!  Frau S

No comments:

Post a Comment