Monday, June 20, 2016

Friday, June 17th//Jacob

June 17, 2016

Today was a short day for me and my partner. We woke up, had breakfast like any normal day, and got on the bus for school. What made today short was the time we got out. We got out of school today at 12:10, the earliest so far in my homestay in Blieskastel. I got to sit in on Vincent's (My GAPP Partner) math class where they were practicing probabilities. I did not understand most of what the teacher was saying but I stayed interested otherwise. After math I went to home room where we visited and helped a 5th grade German class that was learning English. We got to help them read better and helped them speak better English words. After I went to the 8th grade German class and answered questions and talked about my school and home. After home room me and Vincent went to his last class of the day. It wasn't really a class, more like a study hall because we just sat there and talked most of the time. Today was also a good day because I got to see one of my sister's GAPP partners from 2 years ago, Caro. After school she walked down to meet me at the front gate. We hugged and talked a bit before walking down to get some paninis for lunch. After we had lunch she walked me down to the bus station where we struggled for a few minutes to find the right bus. But we finally found it and Caro and I hugged before I got on to head back to my host family. Although half way through the bus ride I began to second guess if I was on the right bus. But thank god I was, so I made it home safely. After a few hours Vincent and I decided to go to the Alstadtfest where there were many vendors and bands playing in the streets of Blieskastel. We met up with almost the entire, current GAPP group or "GAPPies" there. At the festival I saw a few GAPP students, from two years ago, working and Caro was one of them. So I stopped and said "Hi" before we left to go home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment